Friday, February 1, 2008

Our evening with Faith and Tim



So... I got a call from my dear friend Julianne on Monday night. She said that she and her husband were given 4 tickets to the Faith Hill and Tim Mcgraw symphony concert on Tuesday night. A friend of hers works at Innsworth and that school is celebrating their 50th anniversary by building 4 Habitat for Humanity homes and Faith and Tim were doing this concert with the Nashville Symphony to help Innsworth raise money to build these homes. Faith and Tim send their 3 daughters to school at Innsworth. It was an exclusive black tie event and if you combined the price of Mitch and I's tickets it would almost equal our house payment!! So of course I told Julianne YES WE WOULD LOVE TO GO. Polly kept the kiddos for us and Mitch and I enjoyed the excuse to get all dressed up. We decided to meet Johnny and Julianne there since we had a lot going on that day. When we got to the theatre hall we saw what was left of a tent that had been hosting a $1,000 plate dinner before the concert. On that particular night it was very stormy and windy and the tent started caving in on everyone about 20 minutes before we got there! Thankfully no one was hurt but there was a lot of excited chatter in the ladies room about it. As Mitch and I entered the lobby we saw one couple huddled up in a window seat hurriedly eating their $1,000 dinner as they were balancing the china plate on their lap. (Don't worry, Mitch and I did not have tickets to the dinner) I wish that you all could have gone with us. When Faith took the stage she was dressed in a gorgeous silver fluttering floor-length gown that was fit for an awards show. She was outstanding! Our seats were great and since the concert hall is not too large it really felt like an intimate gathering. Then after a few songs she and Tim sang 2 duets and then He took the stage. I almost did not recognize him... He was in black tie attire and he did not have his hat on! I do not have any of their cd's but I did know over half of the songs they performed: "I need you", "Like a Bridge over troubled water", "Just to see you smile", and... I can't remember the other titles. Faith sang 2 Aretha Franklin songs and she really did a GREAT job. It was a perfect night and Mitch and I were so thankful to get that once in a lifetime opportunity to go! Thank you Johnny and Julianne!

1 comment:

The Brown Family said...

Rainer, you look fabulous. What a neat experience!