






Ruff, ruff and a Yee Haw to ya! So... when I started planning Harrison's playgroup birthday party I chose a dog theme. Then a few days before the party my sweet friend Julianne called and asked if I would like to have a singing cowboy come to the party. Well of course I would! Who wouldn't? Joel Reese is a wonderfully talented performer who made our day so special. Check out his website: www.joelreese.com. As our morning unfolded we began eagerly awaiting our guests. Kelley called to say she was on her way and that she would like to pick me up a fancy coffee drink on her way. Is she an angel? Well she must have been looking out for me and knew that a wonderful shot of caffeine is exactly what any mom needs at the beginning of a fast-paced first birthday party (thank you Kelley!) Our guests arrived eagerly anticipating who our surprise guest would be (I did not tell). Joel arrived with instruments in tow to give us a morning of singing and dancing. There was a limbo line, a lasso or two and many happy giggles as we all sang and danced the morning away! It was the most fun ever! (Well, that is borrowing one of Ava's favorite sayings) We then passed out stuffed animal puppies who needed a good home and all of the children decorated their own special dog house to take their new best friend home in. We then ate a delicious doggie cake that was almost disturbingly lifelike and gave those kids a sugar rush right before naptime. Yes, moms the extra sugar rush was free. :)
The party could not have gone any better and everyone had a wonderful time. We are always so blessed by our sweet friends. Thank you for sharing this special day with us!

No comments:
Post a Comment