Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

My handsome assistant!!!








I hosted Thanksgiving this year. Allyn, Josh and Polly were fabulous helpers and all bright sides and desserts to help me out. It was a great group effort! This was our first year with a free-range turkey from a local farm... yes, expensive but worth it in my opinion. Great meat and texture. Sadly the bird gave me quite a fight when it would not thaw out in the fridge and took longer to cook than the directions said. Oh well, thankfully it all turned out well in the end. We celebrated with Josh, Allyn, Chris (Josh's dad), Polly, Nathan, and Caleb. It warmed my heart to celebrate with so many of the people I love! I had a blast setting the table of course! It was all a mix-match of things I had on hand but it all came together. I always enjoy a good excuse to use my wedding china and flatware. So many things to be thankful for!

No comments: