The Greenhouse
View from the back terrace
The mountain views were breathtaking.



The Biltmore Estate was completed in 1895 after an army of artisans labored for 6 years to create a country estate that would rival the great manors of Europe and embody the finest in architecture, landscape planning, and interior design. (Yes, I bought the coffee table book :)



The Biltmore Estate was completed in 1895 after an army of artisans labored for 6 years to create a country estate that would rival the great manors of Europe and embody the finest in architecture, landscape planning, and interior design. (Yes, I bought the coffee table book :)
The Biltmore boasts 250 rooms, an indoor swimming pool, pieces of art from around the world, the finest furnishings, gardens and even a green house.
Mitch and I spent two days touring the house, walking the grounds, and taking in all that the Biltmore has to offer. I could easily fill up 5 blog entries with architectural photos alone.







1 comment:
Love the pictures! Thanks for sharing. I had forgotten how beautiful this place was. We were there about 18 years ago! Glad you had a wonderful time! Miss you all!
Post a Comment