Monday, March 15, 2010

Someone Pinch Me!



Time really does fly by. I know that our life here on earth is temporary... I have really been feeling it lately! Ava recently got a new haircut! Her hair was getting long and the tangles were causing a few tears. With Allyn's help we chose a length and started cutting! I must have had divine help because it turned out great! Ava is thrilled with it and I think it suits my soon-to-be kindergarten cutie.
Last night during dinner she complained that her tooth was hurting. The mom in me thought "oh great, another cavity". After dinner I took a peek inside her mouth and I saw a new tooth! Ava was so excited that she cried. She used to be petrified at the thought of losing a tooth but now she is jumping at the chance. Situations like this just echo the encouragement that God has been giving me lately. "She is ready. She is older. I have her right where I want her to be." He is shepherding her and will continue to do so. I find so much peace in that.

3 comments:

Karen said...

I love her new look! They do grow up so fast.

Anonymous said...

What a P.r.e.c.i.o.u.s. Angel!!

BTW - your blog is posted on the site and please just keep all these encouraging emails coming!

You are a blessing and motherhood looks fantastic on you!

lisa

Mimi said...

So amazingly cute!!