Harrison's ingredients:
"God makes me special"
"Sometimes I am a little shy"
"I am special because my hair is getting darker"
Ava's ingredients:
"Good at playing basketball"
"Nice sister to Harrison"
"Special things I cook with my mom"
We have been huge fans of Awanna so far. My sweet friend introduced us to it and I am so thankful that she did! The kids beg to go every week and it is a great time for Mitch and I to have an hour and a half to talk or go for a walk. The whole program is based around them memorizing scripture and learning bible stories. My hat is off to those teachers! They make it so much fun that Mitch and I would be crazy not to send them. They have so much fun in fact that it is often a little difficult to get Harrison to leave at the end of the night. Before I dropped him off tonight I warned him that if he did not come immediately without complaint that he would not be allowed to go the following week... well as soon as he saw me tonight he jumped up and came to me. Good choice!

No comments:
Post a Comment