Sunday, March 7, 2010

Ava's Great Treasures



I am always so tickled to see what kids view as "treasures". As a mom I have learned to be very careful and sensitive to what I throw away. To me something may appear to be an old worn-out toy but to my kids it might be a priceless treasure. I thought it would be neat to document a few of Ava's present treasures. On her dresser she has a ceramic cupcake box that I made for her when she was still growing in my belly. I love that she loves it! Inside she keeps flattened pennies, a necklace from Dean, some of her Barbie's high-heeled shoes and a few other trinkets. Her special display case is her birdcage. It also doubles as a place where her items are safe from her brother. :)
In her birdcage she keeps:
-A plaque with her favorite verse: "This is the day that the Lord has made"
-A set of Russian Dolls that Mom Pat and Papa Jack brought her from their trip to Russia
-A silver cross necklace
-Two trophies: 1 from dance and 1 from soccer
-An offering cup that she made at Sunday School
-A tooth fairy box that she can't wait to use (no loose teeth yet)
-A baby Jesus Limoge box from aunt Polly
-A Precious Moment's cross that Gigi bought her recently

You might see a theme in the above list. Ava is a christian now and so many things that she holds dear are things that reflect her relationship with her Savior. I know good and well that that relationship is her MOST valuable treasure and thankfully she knows it too.


No comments: