Friday, February 26, 2010

Prayer, Share, Care Group

I think that is the official name... last week I met with some incredible women who are in different stages of adoption, possibly foster care, or just praying about God's will for their families. It was a wonderful night! I know so many people who feel a call to help the fatherless. I know during my day I am often led to pray for those who do not have a home to call their own and who don't have someone who knows their fears, hopes or even their favorite foods. I know that our Heavenly Father knows and cares about every child on this earth and my prayer is that these children will feel His love through the hands of family here on this earth. It is such an exciting thing to watch how God knits a family together... even if it is in bringing in a family member from another country. For now I feel a strong call to support these families and help children in need. Mitch and I are praying about God's will for us. Our group has just begun and we would welcome anyone who feels that tugging at their heart. I am so thankful for the women that I know who seek God's face and step out in faith to love others. Thank you for getting this group started Karyn! I know we are all going to be on this exciting journey together.
I read this devotion the day after our group met: (Max Lucado)
“God sent his Son . . . so we could become his children.” Galatians 4:4-5
We . . . were orphans.
Alone.
No name. No future. No hope.
Were it not for our adoption as God’s children we would have no place to belong. We sometimes forget that.

No comments: