Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Share What You Have With Others



We are constantly sharing our old toys and clothes with friends. It is a family affair. We also take monthly trips to Goodwill in order to help others while taking clutter out of our house. When Ava outgrows something that is dear to her, I let her choose a little friend to give it to. I have tried to show her how it is a blessing to share with others. Well that lesson hit really close to her heart this week when her friends P, C and M shared their old Power Wheels with us! I think she said "thank you" to Mitch and I a hundred times while she and Harrison drove it all around the backyard. We told her how her friends had blessed us by sharing what they had. Talk about putting life lessons into practice. That sweet family has always been so kind and sharing with us. Ava wrote them a thank you note and it is by far the most she has EVER written at one time! I think that just shows just how thankful she is! 

2 comments:

Oh Happy Day said...

so sweet! Good for you Ava at all the writing you are doing :) We are SO proud of you!

Jessica said...

Oh yay!! You're so welcome, Ava and Harrison! We are so happy to hear that you are having fun! We love y'all!!