



Mitch gave the most wonderful gift for my 30th birthday... a surprise birthday party! I was TOTALLY shocked and speechless! He went to great lengths to keep it all a secret. He created a new email account, used evite for the invites and enlisted family to help him pull it off. Julianne asked me to go to lunch and shopping so I was out of the house. When the guests arrived Mitch and some sweet volunteers valet parked the cars so I would not see them. Mitch had ordered food from Chick Fil A for everyone to snack on and he even made a video slide show of my life so the guests could have something to watch while they waited. What a party planner! Pauletta, my parents, Allyn and Polly all brought things to help out and the house was decorated to the hilt! When I first walked in the door I just felt like the whole room lunged at me! I had to take a few breaths to process this huge surprise and then I saw my family and my friends and it was like the biggest hug ever! No really, every person present was such a precious gift and it meant the world to me that they came to help me celebrate. We had a full house! Thankfully the weather was beautiful that day so Mitch set up the bounce house for the kids and cornhole in the backyard. I still can't believe how sneaky Julianne was... I really had no clue! Mitch did more than I could have imagined for me and it was a wonderful 30th birthday! (Well actually the party was 3 weeks before my birthday... that is why I was so shocked!)

No comments:
Post a Comment