Saturday, July 12, 2008

VBS and a toddler tattoo!




This past week we participated in VBS at our church. It was a blast! I was an assistant teacher in a 3 year old room and Harrison and Ava were in other rooms. The team that I worked with was great and we did have some laughs and heartfelt moments during the week. Everyone who taught was so enthusiastic and I know that all of the kids had a wonderful time and felt so loved. The theme was Outrigger Island. Ava and I wore our Outrigger Island t-shirts every day so that at least saved us a little time in the mornings. The music was really fun and Ava is still singing bits and pieces of it. I had Ryan (our next door neighbor) in my class and it was fun to get to play with him every day. Mitch joined us on Monday and Tuesday and he is a saint! He was one of the only men in the preschool area and took on any task that needed to be done. They even recruited him to play the drums on stage during music. If only I had a camera for that one! Luckily Ava's class was there at the time so she got to see her daddy boogie down. I took a picture of my class, Ava and Harrison's crafts and loot, and the tatoo that Harrison came home with on the last day. I am not into toddler tattoos in the least but his teachers were great and got him to walk even MORE so I guess I can't complain. It was funny how proud Harrison was of his arm tattoo. He kept showing it to Allyn and I yesterday. Sadly enough I did remove it... not quite appropriate for a toddler to have at tattoo while wearing his Sunday best. :) 

No comments: