


I am part of a new sewing club at Tonia's house called: Sew Hot Mamas. Tuesday morning is our first meeting and I can't wait to learn some new things! I would call myself a beginner who is not afraid to try new things. I have a small list of things under my belt but there is SO much more that I want to learn about sewing. These shirts were so easy to make and I am really pleased with the way they turned out. For those of you who are coming on Tuesday and are interested in making a shirt like these here is your shopping list: cotton shirt already washed and ready to go (Walmart $2.96 to $4.99), fabric (either get a fabric with a pattern you can easily cut out or bring any fabric you have on hand and some traceable shapes you can use... look at the heart shirt I made for Ava in an earlier blog. Also make sure that you have already washed the fabric before you use it. I usually buy 1/4 of a yard and have plenty left over. I will bring some to share), thread to match cut out, and fusible web (I think that is what it is called. I bought some at the smocking loft that came by the yard but just ask any craft store for the bonding agent to get the image to stick to the shirt before you sew it down. You use an iron to attach it and it makes the sewing SO much easier). That's it! Let me know if you have any questions. See you on Tuesday!

No comments:
Post a Comment