Hello!
Our sermon last Sunday was so amazing! (It is on the
Brentwood Baptist website if you are interested in
watching it: (copy and paste this address into your browser)
www.brentwoodbaptist.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=34&Itemid=200
The main point that as Christians we are only called
to what God wants us to do. Sometimes we overcommit
ourselves and end up stressed about things that we
aren't even meant to do or stress over. I love that
verse: Matthew 11:28-30. I am in the process of
memorizing it so I can remind myself to always seek
what God's will is for me every day. The times that I
am serving Him with the gifts and talents that He has
given me are the times that I feel worth, helpful,
happy and not stressed. I just wanted to share this
with you.
Love,
Rainer
Thursday | February 7, 2008
Learn From Me
“Come to Me, all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. All of you, take up My yoke and learn from Me, because I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for yourselves. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
Matthew 11:28-30
When Jesus said, “My yoke is easy,” he meant “My yoke fits.” A wise farmer would fashion a yoke to fit the oxen. Jesus was speaking to people who were weary of doing things that they were not intended to do—of taking up yokes that were not made for them, because the religious teachers of their time had made the law a burdensome thing to try to fulfill.
God never meant us to be yoked to him by a burdensome religion; he made us to walk with him in a relationship that is personal. The one who created us knows best how we are made to learn and what we were created to do.
Today’s Question
Are you wearing an ill-fitting yoke? Are you yoked to the wrong master?
Prayer
Jesus, examine my walk! I don’t want to stumble along under a burden I am not meant to carry. Set me free from the yokes that bind me. Set me free from the ill-fitting ways of this world, from the oppressive burden of sin. I am running to come and fall in step with you. Amen.
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment