Friday, February 29, 2008

Chinese Food



So if you know Ava well at all you know that sometimes it can be difficult to get her to try new foods. So imagine my surprise when she asked me if we could eat chinese dumplings sometime. She got this idea from a new show about a chinese little girl named Kai Lan. It is a new NickJr show on tv that teaches your children about the chinese culture and how to speak mandarin chinese. (like a chinese version of Dora but not as whining as Dora can be sometimes) On one particular episode Kai Lan's grandfather makes them chinese dumplings and Kai Lan and her monkey learn the importance of waiting and being patient while he cooks. Wow, I know this show way to well. :) So I told Ava of course we can try some! I picked some up at Walmart and tonight we ate egg rolls, chinese dumplings, and fruit. Can you believe it? I was hesitant to give Harrison a dumpling because of some of the ingredients but he thoroughly enjoyed his egg roll. I am so proud of them for trying new things! And guess what? Ava ate all of it!

No comments: