Hello again! This morning we dropped Ava off at MDO and then Harrison and I went with our MOPS group to visit the residents at NHC Place. Everyone was eager and excited as we walked into their parlor. I took Harrison around to each one there and they all loved holding his hand, touching his feet, and one lady even grabbed him for a little Harrison loving... I was a little hesitant as he weighs 20 pounds and loves to pull on jewelry and glasses but how could I say no. The woman had tears in her eyes as he laid his head on her chest. What a sweet boy! Our group has gone once before in October for a Halloween Trick or Treat party. Some of these sweet aging folks had not seen a child in years! I guess that is something I take for granted as I often look forward to "alone" time. Children are a true blessing from the Lord and today just reminded me of that. They invited us to come back for an egg hunt in the Spring. Hopefully Harrison will be walking by then. :)
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
NHC Place
Hello again! This morning we dropped Ava off at MDO and then Harrison and I went with our MOPS group to visit the residents at NHC Place. Everyone was eager and excited as we walked into their parlor. I took Harrison around to each one there and they all loved holding his hand, touching his feet, and one lady even grabbed him for a little Harrison loving... I was a little hesitant as he weighs 20 pounds and loves to pull on jewelry and glasses but how could I say no. The woman had tears in her eyes as he laid his head on her chest. What a sweet boy! Our group has gone once before in October for a Halloween Trick or Treat party. Some of these sweet aging folks had not seen a child in years! I guess that is something I take for granted as I often look forward to "alone" time. Children are a true blessing from the Lord and today just reminded me of that. They invited us to come back for an egg hunt in the Spring. Hopefully Harrison will be walking by then. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment