









I love wearing different "hats". I always enjoy planning a party so when my dear friend Eve asked me to assist in planning her son Parker's birthday I quickly said yes. It also did not hurt that we needed to have a planning meeting at Puffy Muffin. Who would say not to that?
Eve hired a local performer to sing to the kids. He is a great guy with lots of silly songs. She was also able to rent her neighborhood clubhouse. Parker also wanted to incorporate Pokemon into the party so off to work I went! Lets just say I know Party City really well now. I enjoyed planning all of the details. We ended up having around 30 boys plus Ava! Polly and another friend of Eve's were also enlisted to help out and even sweet Mitch offered to be my right hand man. We make an awesome team! When the kids arrived we had them choose a seat at a table where they created their own Pokemon cards... I made up some demos... who knew that creating cards would be so much fun! After everyone arrived we played Pokemon Bingo complete with prizes. After Bingo, the kids all got a front row seat to watch Kevin Kidd perform. Ava, Harrison, and Parker even got invited to come on stage and perform. Eve had prepared homemade cupcakes and chocolate covered strawberries so as soon as the boys found their seats they dove right in! After their treats we had a little more Bingo time and that concluded the party. Whew! Keeping them highly occupied was the only way the 31+ kids did not erupt into a frenzy. We had all of the guests sign a record for Parker so he could keep it as a memento. Each guest left with a gold guitar trophy that said "Friends like you Rock!" and a Pokemon ball full of treats. The party was a blast and I am so thankful that I got to be part of the special day! There were a few other fun details at the party but sadly I did not have a lot of time to get all the photos... since we were having so much fun!

No comments:
Post a Comment