

We are on a 26 week journey of locally grown fruits and vegetables! I knew that it would challenge me as a cook and challenge the kids to eat more vegetables. It is a win win for us! The season lasts for 26 weeks. Each Wednesday I go to a pickup location and get our weekly produce and dozen eggs. We split the produce share with Allyn and Josh. I have to say that the eggs are divine! No, really they are! I love that we are eating locally grown AND supporting families who are still farming. These pictures are from the full share before I split with Allyn and Josh. It was a plentiful week! I have been able to teach the kids about farming, and how the rain and heat really affects their crop. I focus on using the veggies we get and creating my meals around them. We usually end up not eating a lot of meat. It is just not necessary... and I don't want to waste our bounty!

No comments:
Post a Comment