




Ava's first day of school was a half day. We started the morning with a special breakfast and lots of prayer. She was eager to get there but also a little nervous. When we got there we headed straight to the cafeteria and waited for her class to be called. Harrison and I were able to walk her to her room for a few more pictures and a few more hugs. After Ava had given me the 5th hug and I could see a little nervousness in her eyes... I almost lost it right then and there! Thankfully she started playing with a boy she knew (he is in her SS class!) and put that sweet smile back on her face. Harrison and I walked out and everyone did great! We got the opportunity to go at lunch time to help her and the other students navigate through the lunch line. Her classmates were so cute and I have loved getting to know some of the other moms. All of the staff at the school is fabulous! There is one lady who helps with drop-off, cafeteria, and even dismissal. She is a saint! Her sweet spirit and smile are a gift to all the kids there and she immediately puts the kids at ease. Ava was BEYOND tired when she got home. But she loved it! We had a sweet end to our day and celebrated with some frozen yogurt!

2 comments:
I miss CeCes... Ava, you look precious.
Awww, so sweet. I can't believe she's in K. Did Mitch miss her first day??
BTW, I'm so glad that J gets to fly with Mitch this time!!
Post a Comment