The old shower valve and drain
New shower valve!
New shower valve and tub.
After Rainer and I cut out the old tub and cleaned up the mess Lowes called and said our special order new tub was in. Perfect timing! We rented a UHaul trailer (only $18/Day) and hauled the old tub pieces, old drywall, etc to the dump. Then went to Lowes to get the tub. Rainer and the kiddos went with me. Maybe not the best idea I have ever had to date. As I have learned, Hardware store runs always take twice as long as you plan. (Or in this case half the day.) We were there for over two hours. I talked to the drywall guy, the tub guy, and the plumbing guy - at least twice each. Rainer managed to keep the kids occupied for the entire time. She must have a large bag of tricks. We hauled the load back to the house and unloaded. My friend helped me get the tub in place and and showed me how to "sweat" copper water pipe. Youtube videos also helped! After a quick lesson I ran the water pipes to the new shower valve. At 11pm Rainer and I discovered a leak. We shut the water back off to the house, cut the entire valve out, fixed the leak and put it all back in. So at 1pm we tested it again with no leaks!!! Since we had a functioning water system in the house we even made it to church the next morning!!

1 comment:
Nothing like a leaking pipe when the hardware store is closed!!
Post a Comment