Sunday, January 31, 2010

3 Years Ago Today...






3 years ago today I was about to meet another love of my life. He would be a tiny red-headed boy in the NICU who seemed so sweet but so frail. The nurses loved to wash his hair and make it stand on end. Those women were saints to me and I am so thankful for their care as I waited to bring my son home.


A lot has changed since that day! We love our boy so much! He is our snuggler, our jokester, and always up for any game Ava wants him to play. He loves playing BOLT with Ava (he is BOLT and she is Penny), playing with Woody and Buzz, coloring and stamping, and any activity that involves playing with others. He often refers to Allyn and Ava as "his girls". He will randomly tell me that I " look beautiful" and is always trying to tell a joke to make us laugh.

We started the day with a pile of gifts from family! He LOVED his Veggie Tale Pirate toys. We loaded up and went to MDO where he brought rice krispy treats for his friends. After school we took him to a kid salon for a much needed haircut and he got a toy for great behavior. The hairdresser was amazed that a 3 year old could be so still and patient. I thought he did a great job! After the hair cut we went home to open a few more gifts that arrived in the mail and then headed to the new Chick Fil A for dinner. Allyn and Caleb came to help us celebrate Harrison. We are so thankful for Harrison and for what a blessing he is to all of us!

1 comment:

Joy said...

Sounds like a perfect day. I am jealous that they built that Chik fil a after i moved away! boo!