Saturday, December 5, 2009

The Angels Are Rejoicing!

Ava asked Jesus into her heart tonight and prayed the sinner's prayer. What a night! She has really been talking about spiritual things with us this past year. She has asked me numerous times about how people become a Christian and about Jesus dying on the cross. I always answered her questions and said "well, when you are ready" we can talk more about it and pray together. I have never pushed her in any way. Mitch and I have just done our best to point her to Jesus by our words and actions. Today on the way home from a birthday party she asked me, "mom, am I old enough to become a Christian?". I told her that we could talk more about it later that night while we had some one on one time. So I prayed, called a friend, prayed some more, looked online at a child's sinner's prayer and took her up to her room to talk. I explained everything to her and said that we can just keep praying about it and wait until she is ready... she was ready! I cried happy tears and so did she! I know this has really been on her heart. For a while now she has been telling me that she talks to Jesus at night in her heart. After we prayed tonight I got her Bible and wrote down today's date. Today is her spiritual birthday! Nothing and no one can ever change that. She is a daughter of the King!

4 comments:

The Brown Family said...

That is awesome!!!!

Mimi said...

My heart is full!

Becky (Karen's mom) said...

Nothing more precious than a little one coming to Him.

Karen said...

As we know, that's the best decision she can ever make! We are rejoicing with you.