Tuesday, September 8, 2009

There were a few tears...





Today Ava and Harrison had their first day of MDO. They were so excited and were all decked out in their Pottery Barn Kids backpacks and lunch bags. They even had cute little apples to give to their teachers!
They could not wait to go to class and meet their new friends. Harrison has a teacher who is a dear friend of ours. She was Ava's first teacher at MDO and we think the world of her! Ava has a new teacher and we look forward to getting to know her over the school year. Harrison was a little nervous when I dropped him off... he is a newby to all of this. Plus, it did not help that another little boy in his class was voicing his dislike of being present on the first day of school. :)
Ava was a champ. She gave me 2 hugs and 3 kisses and that gave her the confidence she needed to start her new school year. She did great. So who had the tears? Well, that would be me. Maybe if my kiddos were little scoundrels I would not have a hard time letting go but I love them to death so it was hard for me. I knew that I had been waiting for this day but it was a bittersweet thing. I ran some errands, cried to a friend and got a hug, ran some more errands, cleaned the house a bit and then went pack to pick them up. Both teachers had excellent reports to give me. Woo hoo! So hopefully the tears are gone and now I can focus on how thankful I am to have 2 days a week to take a little "break", get some things done and feel refreshed and ready to face being a mom to 2 happy and active kids!

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Ohhh...my babies are so BIG!
(good job Rainer and Mitch)