Saturday, August 15, 2009

Got Fish?






We took the kids to Franklin to fish on the Harpeth river. The scenery was beautiful! There was a small waterfall right close to our fishing spot so the sound of rushing water was so relaxing. The kids had fun fishing, hunting for rocks, throwing rocks and playing in the water. Mitch helped the kids fish and then he did a little fly fishing. Me, I just made sure the kids did not drown and helped them look for rocks. I like to fish but touching nightcrawlers... not so much. We never even had a nibble but it was successful nonetheless. Of course as we were leaving I saw a snake! It was horrible, I was on a small cliff trying to help Ava climb up so I could not even run and scream. I took a deep breath, said a prayer and kept going up with Ava. I am sure that snakes, water, and fishing go hand in hand. Hopefully on our next fishing expedition we can catch a fish and avoid seeing any snakes.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Poor baby... obviously growing up with a snake in the house had lasting bad effects on you! :)