Friday, June 5, 2009

Road Trip






I recently got a whole night AWAY... just me and some sweet friends who I am SO thankful for. It was a perfect trip for many reasons, especially because we each needed a get away at that exact time. What a blessing!
We headed to The Marriot Shoals in Alabama. It was a great place in the middle of basically, nowhere. We kicked things off with music at the hotel's happy hour. It was so nice to be able to talk and not be interrupted by sweet little voices. We then had a fabulous dinner at the 360 Grill (a revolving restaurant where we got to celebrate Amy's 30th birthday!) and then headed back to the hotel go enjoy the hot tub. Our girl talk went on late into the night. The next morning we headed to their beautiful pool and just leisurely sunbathed and chatted. There was a live performer at the pool. A nice cowboy type who had a great voice. Well he ended up asking me what my name was in front of EVERYONE and their mother's brother at the pool, on the mic of course. I was a little hesitant but after I told him my name he serenaded me poolside. Yes, I blushed, and enjoyed every minute of it! It was a song called "Swingin" where you can insert a gal's name into the song. Something to the effect of a beautiful girl sitting on a porch swing... you get the idea. I of course gave him a tip and then he later came back over to us and gave me one of his cd's. He is quite talented and interacting with the audience made it even more fun. Ah, memories. After that we loaded up and headed back home. I told Jennifer that it was the exact therapy that I needed. I can't wait to schedule another girl's trip soon. Let me know if you are up for one! 
P.S. Thanks to Gigi for keeping the kids for me! Without her I would not have been able to go. What a gift! 

2 comments:

Tonia Joy Designs said...

What a wonderful getaway! Sunshine, girl time & relaxation is a great combination.

Karyn said...

I am so glad you had a great RELAXING time! You are a hard working loving Mom and you deserve a nice get-a-way. =)