Sunday, April 5, 2009

Confessions Of A Hairdresser





Yes, I do cut hair for Mitch, Ava, and Harrison. Please do not ever look too closely because I have had NO formal training. I usually do a pretty good job and enjoy saving money and how convenient it can be to have a family salon. The other day Harrison was in dire need of a haircut... for some reason cutting his hair is not easy. The attempt started out just fine, he got a pop pop and was happy to sit up in the chair. I think when the hair clippings accidently got on his lollypop that is when he got mad. I mean mad! I tried to wash it off and keep going but he was not a happy camper. I did my best to finish the job but the sides of his hair are not up to par. Oh, well. At least when it was all over he was smiling and showing off his new "do". I seriously need to go to beauty school. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweetie,
You didn't draw blood. It was successful.
(He is so cute!)
Mom

Jo said...

That is so funny. We had a similiar experience with Wesley at a salon. His hair not only got on his sucker but his eyes and nose as well. As he used his sticky fingers to try to wipe the hair from his eyes, the situation only got worse. He was very upset and I was sweating trying to hold him still. The haircut did not turn out too well.
Fortunately, we went back the next day and a more experienced hairdresser fixed it for free. :)
I think the key is getting the hair wet prior to the cut.

You are braver than I am.