Thursday, March 19, 2009

San Francisco






I recently spent a few days in Oakland California because my company was bidding on some NCAA mens basketball trips and they wanted me to stay in position in case we picked up some of those trips. Not wanting to sit in the hotel all day I rode the subway to San Francisco. I started the day by walking a mile and a half from the subway station in the financial district to Fisherman's Wharf. There I rented a bike and rode 4 miles to the Golden Gate Bridge and back. The weather could not have been better! In the first picture you can see Alcatraz on the left and San Francisco on the right. I got someone to take my picture when I stopped on the bridge. There is a pedestrian lane where people can ride bikes or walk across. The next two pictures were taken as I was riding to the bridge. The last one is a closer look at Alcatraz Island. I wanted to take the ferry to the island and take the tour but they were sold out of tickets for the day. Rainer and I will just have to go back. (Hopefully she wont leave me there!)

No comments: