Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Non-Stop Karoke Machine

These days Ava is constantly singing. I mean all the time, anytime, about anything, loudly and for all to hear. It is usually a combination of a Christmas song mixed with Veggie Tales, Go Fish, or even some church songs. Lately Mitch and I have heard her singing something that sounds like " she was a faithful wife". Really? Does she even know what "faithful" means? That phrase keeps popping up into her songs and this morning was no exception. I started racking my brain about where she could have heard that and then I remembered a Veggie Tales song about opening up the Bible and learning about various characters. I went back to listen to it and here is the verse that Ava keeps referring to: "Sarah was a faithful wife who waited on the Lord, she wanted a son so she prayed for one, and rich was her reward. When you open up the Bible you will see lots of ordinary people like you and me who trusted God to do fantastic things. When you open up the Bible you will read that God has promised all you need to make you into who you're meant to be." I love it! Leave it to God to put a tune in Ava's sweet little head so that I would remember a very important lesson: God is ALL we need! It is also convicting that everything we let our children see and hear can penetrate right to their heart. And you better believe that I am going to do all I can do to pray over her and Harrison and protect their precious hearts and minds. I wonder what she will start singing about tomorrow? 

2 comments:

Jessica said...

That is awesome! Don't you love how God uses our children to teach us such simple lessons? Keep on singin' sweet Ava!

Karyn said...

So cute! It makes me think twice about the things that Hailey sees and hears, even at her age! "Oh be careful little ears what you hear"