We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas day in our own home. We took the kids to a Christmas Eve service at our church. We are usually out of town so this was a first for us. Mitch kept Harrison occupied out in the hall so Ava and I could enjoy the service. This was Ava's first time in "big church" and she felt so big. As we sang praise and Christmas songs and lit candles I almost had to pinch myself. I could hear my sweet little girl singing "away in a manger" and I knew that God was blessing me with a priceless moment. I know God is reminding me that He is good. He is always good and always has my best interests at heart... even when I can't see the big picture. I am looking forward to 2009 and I already have excitement over the exciting plans He has for me and for you. My prayer is that this year we will be even more still and more quite so that we can hear the voice of the Holy Spirit leading us and guiding us. Let us live every day with a purpose in serving our families and serving others.
After our Christmas Eve service we came home and had a Christmas Eve feast. I tried a new recipe for our main dish called "Gentlemen's Casserole". The name is a little odd but it turned out to be delicious. We had a baby Jesus cake/pie and read the Christmas story together. We made our final goodbyes to Templeton and went to bed.

1 comment:
SHRIMP?? Lucky
Love ,
Mimi
Post a Comment