
Yes, in my efforts to get my picky eater to eat more healthy things and also in the effort to spend less on groceries... I have submerged myself in the cooking of sweet potatoes. No really, if you looked in my freezer right now you would see stacks and stacks of frozen sweet potato puree containers. I bought more sweet potatoes yesterday at 59 cents per pound. Not bad. I got some last week at Walmart for even cheaper. I just bake pierced sweet potatoes on 400 degrees for about an hour or until fork tender. Then blend in my kitchen aid with a little water after they have been peeled. So easy! In the last 2 days I have made sweet potato pancakes, sweet potato muffins with a streusel topping and sweet potato grilled cheese. The kids have been gobbling it up. Hooray! So if you need any recipes or sweet potato puree you know where to find me. :)

1 comment:
I have these memories of making your sweet potato baby food and freezing it in ice cube trays. I guess the apple really doesn't fall far from the tree!!
Love you guys,
Mimi
Post a Comment