Sunday, July 27, 2008

Meet our new family member!


We are now sponsoring a sweet little boy named Geylin who lives in the Dominican Republic. We got our packet in the mail yesterday with his picture and some information about him and his family. He lives with his father and mother and 3 siblings. His mother takes care of their home and his father is sometimes employed as a farmer when there is work to be done. Geylin's favorite activities are playing ball and group games... sounds a lot like our sweet Ava. Geylin is 5 years old (he just had a birthday) and we could not be more blessed to add him to our family. Ava made him a picture today and we had a great conversation about sharing and loving others. I know this will be such a huge blessing to your family as we pray for him daily and watch him grow. Our support gives him the opportunity to have food to eat, go to kindergarten, and learn about God's love for him. Compassion International's motto is "releasing children from poverty in Jesus' name". If you would like more information just ask us or check out their website: www.compassion.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ava, I'm so glad you are helping Geylin, that is so sweet of you, you will be blessed in it all!!! I'm looking forward to seeing you Monday, you are such a pretty girl!!!
I LOVE YOU!!!
GiGi