Monday, January 14, 2008

"Mama's taking us to the zoo tomorrow, zoo tomorrow, zoo tomorrow..."




Ok, for those Rafi fans out there... I always sing that song when we are headed to the zoo! Don't you? Last week Mitch got back in town just in time for a trip to the zoo before the weather got cooler. We picked up aunt Allyn and got pancake biscuits at McDonalds and we were on our way. Our first stop was the playground. It is the BIGGEST playground I have ever been to. Ava thought it was the coolest thing ever!! They have the tallest covered slide I have ever seen. Allyn and I took Ava all the way to the top to slide down (don't tell Allyn I am telling you this) but we totally chickened out!!! The slide tunnel was pitch black, had multiple turns, and should not be there for kids!! A kid could get lost in there for miles without a way out. My heart was beating out of my chest... so we quickly told Ava "oops, we meant to go to the other slide" (the smaller one) and we quickly redirected her. If you want a thrill then come to the zoo because they have the tallest slide ever!!
It really was a perfect day and we can't wait to go back. Thank you for the zoo pass Granddad!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for making me out to be a chicken! Of course, I am, but that's beside the point! I love you!